Our Policy Mandate
The Central Bank oversees the development and implementation of regulatory policy in relation to financial services sector both domestically and internationally.
Our core activities are:
- to develop and maintain the Bank’s domestic prudential and conduct policy framework;
- to contribute to the formation and implementation of European and international regulation and standards;
- to lead the development and maintenance of the Bank’s risk-based framework for supervision (PRISM);
- to provide support and assurance for supervisors’ implementation of the Bank’s policy and supervisory frameworks; and
- to promote a high quality and effective policy environment across the Bank.